Software Engineer - Machine Learning
San Francisco, CA
Full Time - Exempt
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Machine learning is a critical tool in this effort, and as a member of the software engineering team, you will work on building, optimizing, and supporting these machine learning systems both offline and real time.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build production machine learning models; your models will decide who we lend to in real time, and how we interact with our existing customers
- Develop the core decisioning service supporting our machine learning models in production
- Optimize the decisioning service with respect to the accuracy of the underlying models, the latency of different 3rd party data sources, and the expected financial cost of those data sources
- Develop our understanding of new data sources and how they may improve our existing processes
- Work closely with Affirm’s credit, risk, and analytics teams to understand our risk modeling strategy and the business drivers underlying that strategy
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Deep understanding and experience with data engineering, data analysis, and statistical modeling, in the development of a real-time service
- Strong proficiency writing production-quality code, preferably industry engineering experience with machine learning projects (e.g. recommendation, ranking, optimization)
- Ability to work efficiently both solo and as part of a team; willingness to learn new things
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better, while developing a deeper understanding of applied machine learning
At Affirm, people come first is a core company value and that’s why Diversity & Inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.