Global Mobility Lead
San Francisco, CA
People – People Operations
Full Time - Exempt
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The People Operations team helps to accelerate our mission by building high performing and inclusive teams. As our Global Mobility Lead, you will partner closely with our People team leadership and key stakeholders across the business to support our global mobility programs, including immigration, internal transfers, and relocation programs. This highly dynamic role will require you to move from program design to the operational delivery of mobility programs that drive impact and reduce friction from our employee experience.
What You'll Do
- Develop and drive an impactful internal mobility program, designed to scale and provide an outstanding employee experience
- Consult with our People Business Partners, Recruiting leaders, and business leaders to understand mobility needs, assess opportunities, and recommend solutions/policies/practices that fit with the broader mobility strategy on immigration, internal mobility, and relocation programs
- Provide exceptional program management support, including: keeping partners appropriately engaged and up-to-date; proactively resolving employee issues; and collaborating with the team and cross-functional partners
- Effectively prioritize and manage individual cases with employees; triage and respond to requests for information from managers, employees, recruiting team and outside immigration counsel
- Track key performance indicators; measure and evaluate the efficacy of our mobility programs
- Act as first level of program support for key stakeholders and employee questions related to philosophy, guidance, data and policy – escalating to the People Operations Manager where appropriate
- Develop communications, including employee and manager tools, resources and calendar
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure effective approval and feedback loops are in place
- Manage the appropriate information in our immigration and global mobility records, including Public Access Files
- Assist on various projects associated with non-immigrant and immigrant visa filings, including H-1B, TN, E-3, L-1, O-1, J-1, PERM, EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 cases, as well as global visas
What We Look For
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience in internal mobility and relocation program development
- 2-4 years of in-house corporate immigration experience with demonstrated evidence of impact and progression within the space
- Knowledge of F-1/OPT and J-1, H-1B, L-1, TN, E-3, O-1, PERM and Global visas
- Relocation and/or Mobility Tax experience a plus
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to thrive and apply sound judgment in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing business needs
- Ability to articulate complex processes and legalese into digestible language
- Provide and analyze complex immigration matters to employees with empathy
- Handle and resolve escalations and exceptions by facilitating stakeholder discussions that balance business needs, employee experience, and risk
- Ability to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.