Social Media Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Full Time - Exempt
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a Social Media Specialist to bring Affirm’s voice to life across our channels. You will help us build and grow a consistent presence on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and other sites, telling our story and showing our consumers ways they can buy with Affirm. You’re a social media pro with experience growing an engaged following on different channels, taking a data-driven approach to content strategy, and handling inquiries and responses. You’ll own our channels day-to-day, leading the content creation and approval process, executing campaigns and managing ad-hoc requests as needed. In addition to serving as the voice of Affirm on our channels, you will help find new and delightful ways to give our brand life on social media.
What you'll do
- Day-to-day management of Affirm’s social media channels including scheduling and posting on social; community engagement, and monthly reporting.
- Continue to grow Affirm’s presence on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, making sure we’re a brand and voice that people love to follow.
- Help draft copy for Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook as needed; ensure all legal and compliance reviews are secured in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Support content creation for handles owned by Affirm execs.
- Monitor social channels for opportunities to engage with users draft responses and manage online conversations.
- Prepare monthly social reports.
- Stay ahead of current events, Affirm achievements, news coverage and consumer trends and ensure Affirm is actively participating in online conversations.
What we look for
- 3-5 years of social media or community management experience
- You are thoughtful, resourceful and have strong attention to detail
- Experience working with social management tools and systems such as Sprout
- Strong organization and project management skills; comfortable working on multiple projects and managing multiple channels at the same time
- Prior experience at a public relations/communications agency or in-house communications role at a fast-growing startup or consumer brand
- You have a passion for staying at the front of social media trends
- A strong sense of empathy and a real passion for connecting with and serving customers
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.