Software Engineer - eCommerce Platforms
San Francisco, CA
Full Time - Exempt
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are growing rapidly and welcome all levels to apply!
As a Software Engineer at Affirm you will help our develop plugins for our partner platforms. Partner plugins can bring tremendous value to Affirm merchants and enable entire new markets for the company. You will be on the partner engineering team and directly work with our partners to develop these plugins to make it easier for Affirm merchants to integrate. You will work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to drive new features and solutions to shape Affirm’s partner landscape.
What You'll Do
- Develop new Affirm payment modules, sample code, SDKs, and production code for partners and merchants
- Maintain and extend existing Affirm payment extensions, and plugins
- Help define requirements for 3rd party developer APIs and tools
- Analyze/debug merchant and partner integration issues
- Assist in building and maintaining a test environment for Affirm engineering and our partners to test new feature compatibility
What We Look For
- Passion to stay on top of Ecommerce trends and technologies
- Minimum of 2-4 years of object-oriented programming, MVC applications, and web development experience
- Strong background in developing and working with REST APIs
- Experience working with eCommerce platforms like Salesforce Commerce Cloud/Demandware, SAP, Hybris, Shopify or Order management systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of empathy for the merchants, partners and other developers
Nice To Have
- Experience with Python, Java or PHP. High level of proficiency and in-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of caching and scaling techniques
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.