Product Manager, Machine Learning/AI
San Francisco, CA /
At Afresh, our mission is to make the fresh food supply chain more efficient, thus reducing food waste and making fresh, nutritious food available and accessible to everyone. Our A.I.-powered solutions optimize ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments for brick-and-mortar grocers. The results are powerful: grocers using Afresh are on track to reduce more than 20M pounds of food waste, while growing fresh sales by 3%, massively increasing their profitability.
As an early Product Manager at Afresh, you will be instrumental in building out the products and technology that support our lofty mission and powers the future of grocery. You are user-oriented, obsessed about driving value for our customers, and you love bringing simplicity and elegance to complex problems. We are looking for someone who is passionate about affecting global change, gets excited about tackling new challenges, and wants to work with a team who enjoy each other’s time outside of the office as much as we do inside of it!
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact in the food system—we hope you'll join us!
What will you be doing?
- Own your product vision and roadmap. Communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your decisions. Evangelize your vision and excite others with where you want to take your product
- Deeply understand the market and our customers to build products that deliver extensive value to our customers and the broader fresh food ecosystem
- Work cross-functionally with Business Operations, Engineering and Design to realize our product vision by taking products from conception to launch
- Build positive relationships with partners and customers to advise roadmap and product prioritization
- Develop user stories and product requirements, engage in usability and prototype testing, and define and monitor success metrics for maximal impact
What skills or experience do you need?
- Minimum 2-5 years Product Management experience
- Analytical skills: not just at understanding what to analyze, but also at making it simple to understand what’s important
- Ability to tie the work you are doing directly to measurable business outcomes and love setting OKRs that drive value
- Disciplined approach to execution and a track record of delivering on time
- You can break down problems and drive to decisions despite uncertainty and with incomplete information
- You are comfortable presenting to C-suite stakeholders, both internally and externally
- You have technical fluency across the tech stack and can hold your own in a conversation about machine learning
- You detail everything and drive clarity through writing things down
- Strong alignment with our core values: Kindness, Candor, Proactivity and Humility
Founded in 2017, Afresh is the first A.I.-powered fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML). We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Food Retail Ventures, Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.