Lead Full-Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Afresh is on a mission to reduce food waste and increase access to nutritious food globally by transforming the fresh food supply chain. Our AI-powered solutions optimize the multi-trillion-dollar grocery industry's food ordering, production, and merchandising processes. We built the first platform capable of handling all of Fresh food’s complexities.
We are relentlessly focused on helping grocers reduce waste, increase profitability, and bring better, fresher food to their communities. Afresh is currently deployed in hundreds of grocery stores across the United States and is on track to reduce 30 million pounds of food waste per year with our existing customers alone. By 2021, we're aiming to reduce food waste by a quarter billion pounds per year.
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact. As an Afresh employee, you’ll own meaningful work that will challenge you and change the future of how fresh, nutritious food makes its way through the supply chain.
We hope you’ll join us!
What will you be doing?
- Lead full-stack development and help set technical direction of our web products.
- Design and build our APIs which serve front-end web and mobile. Build out the database and ETLs which power these APIs.
- Build our next-generation data platform. This includes dashboards and analytical tools to help our customers manage and understand their data.
- Collaborate closely with our product and design teams to build rich and engaging user experiences.
- Build out our analytics to understand our system behavior and make informed decisions.
- Help lay the foundation of our scalable service-based infrastructure to support continuous delivery and resilient systems.
What skills do you need?
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience with full-stack web development
- Proven track record of shipping high quality apps and services
- Strong understanding of API development and good API design
- Attention to detail and expertise in front-end web development
- Collaborative attitude while also being highly self-directed
- System-level problem solving and excitement to tackle hard problems
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, startup environment
Founded in 2017, Afresh is the first A.I.-powered fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML). We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Food Retail Ventures, Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.