Senior Content Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Afresh is on a mission to reduce food waste and increase access to nutritious food globally by transforming the fresh food supply chain. Our AI-powered solutions optimize the multi-trillion-dollar grocery industry's food ordering, production, and merchandising processes.
We built the first platform capable of handling all of Fresh food’s complexities.
We are relentlessly focused on helping grocers reduce waste, increase profitability, and bring better, fresher food to their communities. Afresh is currently deployed in hundreds of grocery stores across the United States and is on track to reduce 30 million pounds of food waste per year with our existing customers alone. By 2021, we're aiming to reduce food waste by a quarter billion pounds per year.
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact. As an Afresh employee, you’ll own meaningful work that will challenge you and change the future of how fresh, nutritious food makes its way through the supply chain.
We hope you’ll join us!
About the Role
We are looking for a stellar Senior Content Marketing Manager who can craft compelling stories about Afresh that convert, educate, and inspire our target audience. You’ll combine creativity with strategic thinking (and maybe well-placed food puns) to build our brand voice and drive measurable engagement. You’ll use your mastery of language to develop content that spans both technical and business audiences and clearly communicates our business value. If you have passion for the written word and hunger to make an impact, you could be just the right person for this job.
What will you do?
● Ideate, research, and write a variety of content like ebooks, whitepapers, blog posts, web copy, ad copy, and more with the goal of driving engagement
● Develop and execute on holistic content strategy to expand our audience and increase demand
● Help define our brand voice, tone, and story that will be used to evangelize Afresh’s mission
● Manage multiple concurrent projects with fast-moving schedules and multiple stakeholders
● Translate highly technical concepts into straightforward, persuasive stories that resonate with our buyers
● Increase brand awareness and audience reach through SEO efforts
● Partner with sales, engineering, product, design, and other marketing team members to produce content that explains why prospects need Afresh
What skills or experience do you need?
- The following represent attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- 4-6+ years of content marketing, writing, or editorial experience at a brand, agency, or B2B SaaS company. Enterprise retail or AI / ML experience a plus!
- A self-starter with an ability to own projects and work independently
- Meticulous project management and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional writing skills, a discerning eye, and a distaste for technical jargon
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Strong empathy for customers and colleagues, and the ability to work cross-functionally across levels of seniority
- Results-oriented mindset. You don’t just care about what you write. You care about how it performs.
Afresh is the first A.I.-powered fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML). We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), James McCann's (former CEO at Ahold USA, Tesco, Carrefour) Food Retail Ventures, Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.