San Francisco, CA
At Afresh, we’re solving big problems around food waste and the fresh food supply chain -- focusing first in grocery. We use cutting-edge AI combined with thoughtful design to help grocery stores make better ordering decisions with the end goal of reducing food waste, optimizing the fresh food supply chain, and making fresh food more accessible. Our first product is a store level replenishment tool. In live deployments in grocery stores, we have demonstrated the potential to double profits and reduce food waste by 50%+!
We have paying grocery partners representing >250 stores and $7 billion in revenue--these relationships range from 7-figure paid chain wide rollouts to earlier stage pilots. Our Series A was led by Innovation Endeavors (Eric Schmidt’s VC firm)
What will you be doing?
- Conduct market and competitive analysis, understand customer needs, and ideate to determine the vision and strategy for each product
- Develop product strategy and vision
- Work cross-functionally with Business Operations and Engineering to take a product from conception to launch
- Prioritize features and products based on customer and business needs
- Develop user stories, oversee usability and prototype testing, develop requirements for a product, and define what launch success looks like
What skills do you need?
- 5+ years of product management experience at a Tech company
- Strong technical background or experience
- Business acumen and experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Agile ways of working is a bonus, but not required
About 30-40% of food produced worldwide is thrown away, causing nearly a trillion dollars of economic losses, trillions of gallons of wasted water, and billions of tons of greenhouse gas emissions. In the US, about 40% of all food waste occurs at the retail level and downstream, largely driven by insufficient technology and manual processes.
Afresh seeks to tackle some of these big problems around food waste. Born out of Stanford's Computer Science PhD program, Afresh is the first Fresh food supply chain company. We bring the cutting edge of artificial intelligence to Fresh food to minimize food waste.
Our machine learning-powered supply chain solutions are tailored for the many nuances and complexities of perishables. Our first product is a store-level replenishment tool that optimizes the ordering of items in fresh categories -- produce, meat, deli, dairy, bakery, and prepared foods. The goal is to minimize waste and maximize in-stock rate, and consequently, profit.
So far, our results are in line with that goal! In live deployments, we have demonstrated the potential to double profits and reduce food waste by 50%+.
We're growing fast: we're in partnership with several large regional grocers representing 500+ stores and >$10B in revenue. Our backers include Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm) and Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitchfix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram).
Our goal is to build a vibrant, diverse team that embodies our company’s values: Proactivity, Kindness, and Candor.
Our mission is to make fresh and nutritious food bountiful, accessible, and sustainable. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission.
We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact, at profitable scale, by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
We hope you can join us!Interested?
Email us at: email@example.com