San Francisco, CA /
As a Deployment Lead, you will be responsible for leading effective integrations and launches with all of our retailer partners. This involves building partnerships with our customers' Operations and Executive teams, contributing to the team playbook and driving the success of our end-to-end deployments as we scale. You have commercial experience, love driving projects to completion in a fast-paced environment, and are excited to reduce fresh food waste in the grocery industry!
We are relentlessly focused on helping grocers reduce waste, increase profitability, and bring better, fresher food to their communities. Afresh is currently deployed in hundreds of grocery stores across the United States and is on track to reduce 30 million pounds of food waste per year with our existing customers alone. By 2021, we're aiming to reduce food waste by a quarter billion pounds per year.
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact. As an Afresh employee, you’ll own meaningful work that will challenge you and change the future of how fresh, nutritious food makes its way through the supply chain.
We hope you’ll join us!
What you will be doing
- Leading and executing successful deployments with our partners
- Deeply understanding our customers' operations and how the Afresh solution maps to these to provide maximum value
- Crafting detailed, actionable end to end deployment plans
- Building positive relationships with customers' point people including project management, store teams, operation leads, and executive teams
- Serves as the liaison between Afresh’s executive, engineering teams and our partners
- Capture learnings and best practices from deployment efforts to create a sustainable, replicable playbook for future deployments
What Skills and Experience do you need?
- 3+ years experience managing and building meaningful and empathetic client relationships
- 2+ years experience in product implementations/deployments (SaaS preferred)
- Exceptional project management skills to keep multiple complex projects spanning many external and internal stakeholders on track simultaneously
- Experience in grocery or retail industry preferred
- Experience in sales and sales processes so you can understand and act on what our customers care about most
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, and Tableau or other dashboarding tools
- Open to travel (expect 25%)
- Strong alignment with our values of proactivity, candor, kindness, and humility
- This list represents attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
Founded in 2017, Afresh is the first A.I.-powered fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML). We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Food Retail Ventures, Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.