San Francisco, CA /
Lead sales of an industry-changing technology
The fresh, perishable food industry is massive and growing faster than the packaged consumer goods industry. But, to date, most supply chain technologies have been built for non-perishable goods. This technology gap results in suboptimal decision making--causing billions of dollars of excess food purchasing and waste every year
So we built Afresh (http://afreshtechnologies.com/) with a simple argument: a supply chain company, built specifically for fresh food and using the cutting edge of technology could massively reduce food waste, make nutritious food more accessible, and multiply the profitability of food companies at the same time.
We’ve grown fast. In our deployments with large grocery chains we have reduced food waste by 25-40% and massively boosted customer profits! Our system is now live with several large regional grocers representing hundreds of stores and billions of revenue. Our backers include Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm) and Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitchfix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram).
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact in the food system. We hope you'll join us!
What will you be doing?
As our first Sales Executive at Afresh, you will focus on strategic sales with regional and large grocers throughout the US. You'll identify and articulate how Afresh can unlock significant value for our customers. As the first member of the sales team at a rapidly growing startup, you'll have the opportunity to help define our sales process, lead strategic decisions and help develop the sales culture.
● Execute on all aspects of the sales cycle while building and managing relationships with key decision-makers at various grocers
● Manage and run complex sales deals and guide customers through every aspect of the procurement process from initial contact to close
● Prospect for new clients, build and deliver product presentations, develop sales presentations and proposals
● Develop a deep understanding of the Afresh product, the grocery market and our customers’ needs
● Partner closely with teams such as Product and Engineering to deliver a world class customer experience and maximize revenue
What skills do you need?
● 5+ years direct SaaS sales experience
● Experience selling meaningful technological systems into brick & mortar retail (ideally grocery)
● Solid track record of negotiating, structuring and executing complex agreements
● Consistent quota overachievement preferred
● Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams through deal processes
● Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executive leaders
● Outstanding communication and presentation skills with experience presenting to C-level executives
● Ability to travel up to 50% within the US and Canada
● Excellent written, verbal reasoning, and communication skills
● Strong alignment with our core values: Kindness, Candor, Proactivity and Humility
Our mission is to make fresh, nutritious foods bountiful, accessible, and sustainable.
Our goal is to build a vibrant, diverse team that drives towards this mission and embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission.
We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact, at profitable scale, by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
We hope you can join us!