Senior Technical Recruiter
San Francisco, CA /
People Ops /
At Afresh, our mission is to make the fresh food supply chain more efficient, thus dramatically reducing food waste and making fresh, nutritious food available and accessible to everyone. Our A.I.-powered solutions optimize ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments for brick-and-mortar grocers. The results are powerful: grocers using Afresh reduce food waste by 25%+ and increase fresh sales by 3%, massively increasing their profitability.
As our first in-house recruiter, you will hire stellar talent and inculcate recruiting best practices into our organization. You will collaborate directly with all senior leaders of the company to ensure we appropriately create roles to fit our functional needs, our mission, and our culture. Your curiosity and empathy will drive you to go deeper with passionate, diverse, and talented candidates to fill them.
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact -- we hope you’ll join us!
What will you be doing?
- Building and managing an end-to-end technical recruiting process in a high-growth environment
- Developing and fostering strong partnerships with all members of our leadership team
- Strategically positioning Afresh to attract diverse and talented team members
- Measuring and tracking all aspects of the recruiting process to make evidence-based decisions
- Onboarding new hires to ensure new team members are prepared and excited for their first day
- Meeting regularly with internal teams to deeply understand priority roles, job requirements, and any other key success factors
- Observing our system and technology in action with our grocery customers to understand their pain points, empathize with the problems our technical and product teams are solving, and leverage that knowledge in our recruiting process
- Engaging all candidates with deep empathy and understanding
- Improving our recruiting processes and systems
- As we grow, transitioning into a lead recruiter role and overseeing the recruiting function
What skills do you need?
- 8+ years of fast-paced, high-volume technical and product recruiting experience
- Experience hiring for both junior and senior-level engineering talent in extremely competitive markets
- Experience building and growing an internal engineering team, preferably in a startup setting
- Technical expertise and deep understanding of technical concepts, competitive landscape, terminology, trends, and products including coding languages and technical stacks
- Record of hiring excellent people at an ambitious pace, maintaining accurate and actionable data, and continuously finding opportunities for greater efficiency and impact
- Facility with finding untapped sourcing channels that support robust pipelines, especially those that contribute to diversity
- Proven ability to explain technical job requirements and skills for Engineering roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to use appropriate and efficient methods of conveying information
- Extensive internet and computer skills with experience using an Applicant Tracking System/ATS (we currently use Lever)
- Experience hiring machine learning candidates
- Bonus -- Experience with a B2B Enterprise software company
Founded in 2017, Afresh is the first A.I.-powered fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML). We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Food Retail Ventures, Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.