Sr. Technical Recruiter
San Francisco, CA
Build a world-class Engineering and Product organization.
Today, about 30-40% of food produced worldwide is thrown away, causing trillions of gallons of wasted water, billions of tons of greenhouse gas emissions, and nearly a trillion dollars of economic losses. Meanwhile, a remarkable number of people around the world lack access to nutrient-dense foods.
We built Afresh to address these problems.
The fresh, perishable food industry is massive and growing faster than the packaged consumer goods industry. But, to date, most supply chain technologies have been built for non-perishable goods. This technology gap results in suboptimal decision making--causing billions of dollars of excess food purchasing and waste every year!
So we built Afresh with a simple argument: a supply chain company, built specifically for fresh food and using the cutting edge of technology could massively reduce food waste, make nutritious food more accessible, and multiply the profitability of food companies at the same time.
We’ve grown fast. In our deployments with large grocery chains we have reduced food waste by 25-40% and massively boosted customer profits! Our system is now live with several large regional grocers representing hundreds of stores and billions of revenue. Our backers include Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm) and Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitchfix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram).
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact in the food system. We hope you'll join us!
As our first in-house recruiter, you will hire stellar talent and inculcate recruiting best practices into our organization. You will collaborate directly with all senior leaders of the company to ensure we appropriately create roles to fit our functional needs, our mission, and our culture. Your curiosity and empathy will drive you to go deeper with passionate, diverse, and talented candidates to fill them.
What will you be doing?
- Building and managing an end-to-end technical recruiting process in a high-growth environment
- Developing and fostering strong partnerships with all members of our leadership team
- Strategically positioning Afresh to attract diverse and talented team members
- Measuring and tracking all aspects of the recruiting process to make evidence-based decisions
- Onboarding new hires to ensure new team members are prepared and excited for their first day
- Meeting regularly with internal teams to deeply understand priority roles, job requirements, and any other key success factors
- Observing our system and technology in action with our grocery customers to understand their pain points, empathize with the problems our technical and product teams are solving, and leverage that knowledge in our recruiting process
- Engaging all candidates with deep empathy and understanding
- Improving our recruiting processes and systems
- As we grow, transitioning into a lead recruiter role and overseeing the recruiting function
What skills do you need?
- 8+ years of fast-paced, high-volume technical and product recruiting experience
- Experience hiring for both junior and senior-level engineering talent in extremely competitive markets
- Experience building and growing an internal engineering team, preferably in a startup setting
- Technical expertise and deep understanding of technical concepts, competitive landscape, terminology, trends, and products including coding languages and technical stacks
- Record of hiring excellent people at an ambitious pace, maintaining accurate and actionable data, and continuously finding opportunities for greater efficiency and impact
- Facility with finding untapped sourcing channels that support robust pipelines, especially those that contribute to diversity
- Proven ability to explain technical job requirements and skills for Engineering roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to use appropriate and efficient methods of conveying information
- Extensive internet and computer skills with experience using an Applicant Tracking System/ATS (we currently use Lever)
- Experience hiring machine learning candidates
- Bonus -- Experience with a B2B Enterprise software company
Our mission is to make fresh, nutritious foods bountiful, accessible, and sustainable.
Our goal is to build a vibrant, diverse team that drives towards this mission and embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility.
We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission.
We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact, at profitable scale, by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
We hope you can join us!
Interested? Email us at: Careers@afreshtechnologies.com