San Francisco, CA /
People Ops /
Afresh is on a mission to reduce food waste and increase access to nutritious food globally by transforming the fresh food supply chain. By 2021, we're aiming to reduce food waste by a quarter billion pounds per year!
Recruiting at Afresh is a greenfield organization where we’re building and implementing what “good” hiring practices look like from the ground up. If you’re passionate about being deeply involved in the work that our teams are doing, helping to construct new processes and fine tune them on the fly, and want a personal stake in the growth of a heavily mission-driven company, we want to hear from you!
What you will do
- Manage the full cycle of recruiting, from sourcing through offer/close
- Collaborate with hiring partners to understand, define, and build talent profiles.
- Use data to provide insights into the health of the hiring pipeline, and devise strategies to implement vital adjustments
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity to make things better for recruiting and Afresh; this could be running a training, helping mine for referrals, planning and attending an event, etc.
- Anything that brings other outstanding mission driven people into Afresh!
What skills or experience do you need?
- 2+ years experience sourcing, recruiting, and closing technical candidates of many skill sets and levels
- A love (or hatred) of data. Either way you need to understand how important it is and how to use it to illicit the right changes
- Experience working in a startup or a fast paced enterprise environment - the only constant is change!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of how to develop creative recruiting strategies with a focus on building an employer brand
- A passion for identifying ways to and supporting the building of a diverse company and culture
Founded in 2017, Afresh is the first A.I.-powered fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML). We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Food Retail Ventures, Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.