Senior Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
At Afresh, our mission is to make the fresh food supply chain more efficient, thus dramatically reducing food waste and making fresh, nutritious food available and accessible to everyone. Our A.I.-powered solutions optimize ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments for brick-and-mortar grocers. The results are powerful: grocers using Afresh reduce food waste by 25%+ and increase fresh sales by 3%, massively increasing their profitability.
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact -- we hope you’ll join us!
What will you be doing?
- Building fast, reliable, scalable data pipelines that process over billions of historical data points collected from tens of thousands of retail stores across the US which power our machine learning models.
- Integrating, analyzing, finding issues with, and solving shortcomings in the critical lifeblood of our system–the data our customers send us–that powers every aspect of our system.
- Maintaining, augmenting, and helping architect our data platform and data warehouses to ensure that our data and ML teams can efficiently process and access the data they need.
- Collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of experts in machine learning, data scientists, design, software engineering, and business process optimization
What skills and experience do you need?
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of work experience.
- Strong programming and problem-solving skills.
- Expert-level knowledge of using SQL and data warehouses, data lakes, or databases.
- Experience with Apache Spark or other Big Data frameworks; working with cloud infrastructure; data visualization tools; and applied statistics is a big plus.
Founded in 2017, Afresh is the first A.I.-powered fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML). We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Food Retail Ventures, Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
Interested? Email us at Careers@afreshtechnologies.com