Backend Software Engineer
We develop for developers. We track over 40M+ international shipments on a monthly basis, which means you will have the ability to bring positive impact to the global eCommerce community.
AfterShip's mission is to help retailers such as Amazon, eBay, PayPal, Groupon, Zalora, OnePlus, LivingSocial, Etsy and Wish (to name a few) win customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers, with a focus on automating the shipping, tracking and returns experience.
We are looking for additional backend engineers with experience in building successful products or systems. If you are interested in building world-class developer-friendly APIs that empower developers to automate shipping and tracking process for businesses - we look forward to hearing from you!
AfterShip communicates externally and internally through RESTful APIs and process billions of requests per month, which means your jobs here bring impact to the global eCommerce community.
- Fun startup culture with diverse and inclusive international teams
- Happy Friday sharings and happy-hour gatherings
- Flexible working hours and unlimited work-from-home
- 5-day work week and 15 days annual leave
- Benefits include medical / dental coverage and performance bonus
- Employment visa sponsorship (if required)
FYI, our tech stacks:
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Databases: MongoDB, Google Spanner, Redis, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora
- Other SaaS: Algolia, Mixpanel, SendGrid, Twilio, Contentful, Google Analytics
- Collaborating with product managers, product designers and frontend engineers to define and build enterprise-scale features from concept to execution
- Applying best practices to building scalable APIs with high maintainability
- Designing API architecture and interface that developers love
- Building new RESTful API endpoints that fit in with the rest of our API
- Building infrastructure that’s specific to our APIs, e.g. serving webhooks with low latency
- Ensuring we maintain our service SLAs
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- 3+ experience* with Node.js (our main coding language), engineers who have an interest to pick up Node.js with prior experience with Python / Java / PHP / Ruby are also welcome
- Hands-on experience building APIs, preferably for external developers
* Candidates with less experience may be considered as junior backend engineer
* Candidates with more experience may be considered as team lead
* Candidates with front-end experience may be considered as fullstack engineer
[ Winner of 2011 Global Startup Battle and 1st Startup Weekend HK! ]
Clients: Amazon, eBay, PayPal, Groupon, Zalora, OnePlus, LivingSocial, Etsy and Wish (to name a few)
Mission: Our mission is to help retailers win customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers, with a focus on automating the shipping, tracking and returns experience.
Tracks: 40M+ international shipments per month
Couriers: 485+ international couriers integrated
Users: 500K+ globally
Crew: 60+ globally