Backend - Senior Software Engineer
Over 500K people using AfterShip, you have the ability to bring positive impact to the global eCommerce community.
AfterShip's mission is to help retailers such as Zalora, Lazada, Esty and Wish (to name a few) win customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers, with a focus on automating the shipping, tracking and returns experience.
Are you THE ultimate gatekeeper of gatekeepers?
AfterShip APIs empower developers to automate shipping and tracking process for businesses. AfterShip communicates externally and internally through RESTful APIs and process billions of requests per month. AfterShip APIs currently serve over 500K users, which means your jobs here bring impact to the global eCommerce community.
We are looking for experienced backend engineers with experience in building successful products or systems. If you are interested in building world-class developer-friendly APIs with other passionate engineers who ship fast and are motivated about what they build, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Fun startup culture with diverse and inclusive international teams
- Hackathons, happy Friday sharings and happy-hour gatherings
- Flexible working hours and unlimited work-from-home policy
- 5-day work week and 15 days annual leave
- Benefits include medical / dental coverage and performance bonus
- Employment visa sponsorship
Our tech stacks:
- Major programming languages: Node.js
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Database: MongoDB, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora, Redis
- Monitoring: New Relic, Pingdom, Runscope, StatusPage
- Automation: Ansible, Packer
- Queue: Beanstalk
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Travis CI, Bitrise
- Tools: Atlassian Suite
- Other SaaS: Algolia, Mixpanel, SendGrid, Twilio
The engineer can look forward to:
- Applying best practices to building scalable APIs with high maintainability
- Designing API architecture and interface that developers love
- Building new RESTful API endpoints that fit in with the rest of our API
- Building infrastructure that’s specific to our APIs, e.g. serving webhooks with low latency
- Serving as on-call for our API, e.g. responding to API abuse impacting our databases
- Working with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale
We are looking to welcome onboard someone with:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- 4+ experience with one of the following: Node.js / Python / Java / PHP / Ruby
- Hands-on experience building APIs, preferably for external developers
[ Winner of 1st Startup Weekend HK & 2011 Global Startup Battle! ]
Clients: eBay, Zalora, PayPal, Groupon, OnePlus, LivingSocial, Etsy and Wish (to name a few)
Platforms: web, api, app (iOS, Android)
Couriers: 443+ international couriers integrated
Tracks: 30M+ international shipments per month
Users: 500K+ globally
Mission: Our mission is to help retailers win customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers, with a focus on automating the shipping, tracking and returns experience.