Full Stack Software Engineer
AfterShip's mission is to help retailers such as Amazon, eBay, PayPal, Groupon, Zalora, OnePlus, LivingSocial, Etsy and Wish (to name a few) win customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers; with a focus on automating eCommerce operations after sales, from shipping, tracking to returns.
Through our growing family of apps and services, we power top eCommerce platforms, retailers and developers worldwide to provide a better customer journey and experience. We develop for developers and track over 250M+ international shipments on a monthly basis. This means you will have the ability to bring positive impact to the global eCommerce community.
We're looking for additional full stack engineers who love coding and have experience in bridging the gap between backend and frontend systems to solve technical challenges quickly and effectively. We believe every engineer should be responsible for the software they build everyone can adopt best practices and expertise to help make that happen.
- Fun startup culture with diverse and inclusive international teams
- Happy Friday sharings and happy-hour gatherings
- Flexible working hours and unlimited work-from-home
- 5-day work week and 15 days annual leave
- Benefits include medical coverage and performance bonus
- Employment visa sponsorship (if required)
FYI, our tech stacks:
- Frameworks: React.js, Redux
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Databases: MongoDB, Google Spanner, Redis, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora
- Frontend Tools: Webpack, Babel
- Other SaaS: Algolia, Mixpanel, SendGrid, Twilio, Contentful, Google Analytics, New Relic
- Deployment: Kubernetes, Docker
- Collaborating with product managers, product designers and backend engineers to define and build enterprise-scale features from concept to execution that span a wide range of systems, processes and technologies with ownership of an issue from start to finish
- Assisting with maintaining very high engineering standards and bringing consistency to the many codebases and processes you will be encountering
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- 3+ years experience* with Node.js (our main coding language), engineers who have an interest to pick up Node.js with prior experience with Python / Java / PHP / Ruby are also welcome
- Experience with integrating and designing APIs and optimizing frontend performance
* Candidates with less experience may be considered as junior full stack engineer
* Candidates with more experience may be considered as team lead
* Candidates with no front-end experience may be considered as backend engineer
Prelude: Winner of 2011 Global Startup Battle and 1st Startup Weekend Hong Kong
Clients: Amazon, eBay, PayPal, Groupon, Zalora, OnePlus, LivingSocial, Etsy and Wish (to name a few)
Mission: Our mission is to help retailers win customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers, with a focus on automating the shipping, tracking and returns experience.
Tracks: 250M+ international shipments per month
Couriers: 530+ international couriers integrated
Users: 500K+ globally
Crew: 70+ globally