Site Reliability Engineer
Over 500K people using AfterShip, you have the ability to bring positive impact to the global eCommerce community.
AfterShip's mission is to help retailers such as Zalora, Lazada, Esty and Wish (to name a few) win customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers, with a focus on automating the shipping, tracking and returns experience.
Are you a natural commander just like Ender from Ender's Game?
We're looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who loves coding and interested in working closely with engineers to help design, build and maintain high-performing, scalable, testable and reliable services.
We believe SREs play a crucial part in providing engineers with tools, best practices and expertise to help them be responsible for the software they build.
- Fun startup culture with diverse and inclusive international teams
- Hackathons, happy Friday sharings and happy-hour gatherings
- Flexible working hours and unlimited work-from-home policy
- 5-day work week and 15 days annual leave
- Benefits include medical / dental coverage and performance bonus
- Employment visa sponsorship
Our tech stacks:
- Major programming languages: Node.js
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Database: MongoDB, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora, Redis
- Monitoring: New Relic, Pingdom, Runscope, StatusPage
- Automation: Ansible, Packer
- Queue: Beanstalk
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Travis CI, Bitrise
- Tools: Atlassian Suite
- Other SaaS: Algolia, Mixpanel, SendGrid, Twilio
The engineer can look forward to:
- Ensuring continuous service delivery with high reliability and operation performance to meet SLAs
- Evaluating and deciding which SaaS and infrastructure stacks should be used
- Managing optimisation of SaaS and infrastructure usage and cost
- Defining and enforcing best practices for security for the entire company
- Collaborating with engineering teams to perform troubleshooting to investigate and respond to infrastructure outages
- Designing and implementing automated architecture solutions to minimise related workload for product engineering teams
- Developing, implementing and operating security standards, policies, guidelines, processes and risk assessment procedures
- Conducting internal security audits and coordinating audit activities with external entities to ensure compliance
We are looking forward to welcoming someone onboard with:
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Excellent password hygiene and a good sense of identity management
- Strong understanding of servers, networking, storage, Linux system administration
- Production experience with DNS, load balancing, failover strategies, Blue-Green and Canary deployments
- Ability to setup automated monitoring and alerting systems
- Dedication towards up-time and service-level objectives
- Production experience with log aggregation, analysis and troubleshooting
- Ability to communicate with multiple teams and IaaS / SaaS vendors effectively
- CISSP, CISA or other systems auditor certifications optional though highly desirable
[ Winner of 1st Startup Weekend HK & 2011 Global Startup Battle! ]
Clients: eBay, Zalora, PayPal, Groupon, OnePlus, LivingSocial, Etsy and Wish (to name a few)
Platforms: web, api, app (iOS, Android)
Couriers: 443+ international couriers integrated
Tracks: 30M+ international shipments per month
Users: 500K+ globally
Mission: Our mission is to help retailers win customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers, with a focus on automating the shipping, tracking and returns experience.