Accounting Automation Guru
Over 500K people using AfterShip, you have the ability to bring positive impact to the global eCommerce community.
AfterShip's mission is to help retailers such as Zalora, Lazada, Esty and Wish (to name a few) win customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers, with a focus on automating the shipping, tracking and returns experience.
Do you work smartly?
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset to be involved with business strategies and financial forecasting?
We are looking for a technology savvy Accountant with an entrepreneurial mindset who continuously strives to find value-added ways to automate and streamline accounting-related processes.
This extremely important financial strategist and gatekeeper role will work directly with the CEO to look after our Hong Kong and China offices and help us to scale for further growth.
- Employment visa sponsorship and relocation
- Fun startup culture with diverse and inclusive international teams
- Flexible working hours and unlimited work-from-home policy
- 5-day work week and 15 days annual leave
- Benefits include medical / dental coverage and performance bonus
- Happy Friday sharings, happy-hour gatherings and other fun activities such as Hackathon
The accountant can look forward to:
- Simplifying day-to-day booking-keeping and accounting processes and operations so that your time can be spent on business strategy and financial forecasting related work
- Automating monthly financial close while ensuring all compliance requirements are met
- Minimising manual labour with regards to reviewing financial journals and preparing reconciliations as well as financial and management reports
- Streamlining weekly expenses cycle, monthly payroll cycle and other payment cycles
- Automating the development, implementation, and interpretation of goals, policies, procedures and systems relating to accounting, financial management and reporting for both Hong Kong and China
- Streamlining the preparation of income and other tax filing requirements through interaction with external Big4 accounting firms mainly for Hong Kong and China (with some work related to U.S. and Europe)
- Leading all activities associated with external Big4 auditors and completion of annual audit process as well as other ad-hoc projects and/or analysis as needed by the business
We hope to welcome onboard someone who:
- Thinks like a business owner and knows how to work smartly
- Rolls up their sleeves and looks after the entire Accounting function
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit in terms of finding the most cost-effective and value-added way to automate and streamline accounting processes
- Is execution-focused and results-driven; you are eager to build an accounting function that will scale successfully
- Has an example of unquestionable integrity, accountability, intellectual curiosity and honesty
- Is excited to join an energetic, fast-paced, and vision-driven startup.
- Comes to work everyday with the same energy and enthusiasm that our company was built upon
- Is a team player and have strong interpersonal skills
- Is conscientious, flexible, dependable, and have a great sense of humor
- Is a natural leader who can mentor and help grow a team if required
In terms of skills and qualifications...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (CPA, ACCA and/or MBA preferred by not required)
- 5+ years of progressive accounting with some leadership experience; ideally, a public accounting / private industry / small business / startup mix
- Hands-on experience working with Big 4 accounting and auditing firms
- Proven track record of automation and streamlining of repeated processes and tasks
- Strong knowledge of relevant policies and regulations across APAC including but not limited to Hong Kong and China
- Advanced Google Spreadsheet / Microsoft Excel skills (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Precision and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to identify areas for continuous improvements, automation and streamlining, i.e. processes and systems
- Experience with Quickbooks (current system used) and related applications and/or similar accounting software is strongly preferred.
[ Winner of 1st Startup Weekend HK & 2011 Global Startup Battle! ]
Clients: eBay, Zalora, PayPal, Groupon, OnePlus, LivingSocial, Etsy and Wish (to name a few)
Platforms: web, api, app (iOS, Android)
Couriers: 443+ international couriers integrated
Tracks: 30M+ international shipments per month
Users: 500K+ globally
Mission: Our mission is to help retailers win customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers, with a focus on automating the shipping, tracking and returns experience.