Backend - Junior Software Engineer
Over 500K people using AfterShip, you have the ability to bring positive impact to the global eCommerce community.
AfterShip's mission is to help retailers such as Zalora, Lazada, Esty and Wish (to name a few) win customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers, with a focus on automating the shipping, tracking and returns experience.
Are you a gatekeeping wizard?
We already have awesome backend engineers onboard and are looking for more engineers to join us as our teams are rapidly expanding and we have ambitious plans for further growth!
We're looking for a bright backend developer to join our engineering team. If you are interested in learning the latest software development technology, and working with passionate engineers who ship fast and are motivated about what they build, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
We believe every engineer should be responsible for the software they build everyone can adopt best practices and expertise to help make that happen.
- Fun startup culture with diverse and inclusive international teams
- Hackathons, happy Friday sharings and happy-hour gatherings
- Flexible working hours and unlimited work-from-home policy
- 5-day work week and 15 days annual leave
- Benefits include medical / dental coverage and performance bonus
- Employment visa sponsorship (if required)
Our tech stacks:
- Major programming languages: Node.js, React.js
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Database: MongoDB, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora, Redis
- Monitoring: New Relic, Pingdom, Runscope, StatusPage
- Automation: Ansible, Packer
- Queue: Beanstalk
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Travis CI, Bitrise
- Tools: Atlassian Suite
- Other SaaS: Algolia, Mixpanel, SendGrid, Twilio
The engineer can look forward to:
- Integrating with global shipping companies and shopping cart systems (e.g. Amazon)
- Working with product managers, product designers and frontend engineers to define and build features from concept to execution
- Writing elegant, readable and well-documented codes
We are looking forward to welcoming someone onboard with:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- Some experience experience with Node.js (our main coding language), engineers who have an interest to pick up Node.js with prior experience with Python / Java / PHP / Ruby are also welcome
- Some experience with APIs
- Some experience with building software or mobile applications would be a plus
* Candidates with more experience will be considered as senior backend engineer
* Candidates with frontend experience will be considered as full stack engineer
[ Winner of 1st Startup Weekend HK & 2011 Global Startup Battle! ]
Clients: eBay, Zalora, PayPal, Groupon, OnePlus, LivingSocial, Etsy and Wish (to name a few)
Platforms: web, api, app (iOS, Android)
Couriers: 450+ international couriers integrated
Tracks: 30M+ international shipments per month
Users: 500K+ globally
Mission: Our mission is to help retailers win customer loyalty by bringing the best shopping experience to their customers, with a focus on automating the shipping, tracking and returns experience.