Sr. Back End Developer (Node.js)
Agent IQ is using conversation-driven artificial intelligence and machine learning to enable brands to scale customer engagement while providing personalized service. The platform learns from human interaction to empower agents to do more, faster and better. Our technology is proven to improve customer satisfaction, agent efficiency, and profitability.
Our team is doing ground-breaking work in building an intelligent platform which are disrupting how brands interact and build relationships with customers. We're excited about the opportunities ahead to continue to create an even more differentiated product offering to the world.
To achieve this we're building an amazing team, and here’s where you come in...
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (Node.js) responsible for designing and implementing services managing the interchange of data between the store and the frontend.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions (Postgres)
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of Node.js and Express
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Node.js (ES6)
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full medical/dental/vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Weekly team lunches; happy hours; tons of snacks in the office and all-you-can-drink coffee
- Convenient office within a 3 minute walk from BART/Muni Underground
- Agent IQ swag
- Commuter benefits
- Great teammates