Lead Server Developer
Our friends at Rovio are looking for their next talented Lead Server Developer to enable the growth of their awesome games!
Your work will reach 10’s of millions of gamers around the globe 🌍
You will shape their UA & Ads offering for their games solving complex problems and driving our business.
In Q1 2019, to grow their business they spent over $23 Million on user acquisition, and their ads platform mediated over 15 ads sources delivering over 1 billion impressions per month.
As a Lead Server Developer you will be responsible for concepting, building and maintaining their own services (including yield management, campaign management, native cross-promotion). You will participate in selecting and integrating partner services and tools (including Singular, AppNexus, Facebook, Unity Ads, Vungle, Google).
Games Technology works with data and analytics, machine learning, build and submission tools, cloud infrastructure for service and game servers, and their in-house gaming cloud services platform, Beacon, to bring Rovio’s games to life every day.
This work will support tens of millions of players, hosts some of the most cutting edge cloud services out there, serves thousands of requests per second from all corners of the globe, captures 4 Billion analytic events per day and over 1TB of data per day, and runs approximately 1300 instances on Amazon AWS.
- Develop and maintain our Ads and UA product offering
- Research emerging solutions and technologies, for example, the use of machine learning for optimisation
- Work closely with and lead developers and engineers (client, front-end, server, data, cloud, QA), product managers, designers to implement versatile solutions
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues working closely with our ads operations team
- Work on other service areas as required (for example segmentation, payments, live ops)
- Launch, iterate and make a difference
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- Depth knowledge of relational databases, NoSQL databases and Big Data warehouses
- Practical experience working in Agile software development teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Excellent team working skills and leadership
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
Bonus points for
- Cloud experience (preferably AWS)
- Game Development background
- Background in Ads / UA service development
- Machine learning
- Technical coaching
If you like to reach out to us or have any questions regarding this role please contact eyas(at)agilesearch.io
We are looking forward to hearing from you!