Java Engineer Intern
AgilOne is looking for smart, motivated interns to join our engineering team working on our next generation big data analytics product. The product is built on the latest big data and frontend technologies and imports, cleans and analyzes billions of events a month across our customers like Shazam and Sport’s Authority. This is a great opportunity to join a hot, fast-growing startup, working with smart, knowledgeable engineers and have a direct impact on the company’s success while working with cool technologies.
Position includes the design, development and ownership of different areas of the new platform including the real-time event framework, analytics platform, email server, REST apis,and a machine learning cluster.
This is an opportunity for
(a) a gap year internship of one year (no 6 months internships)
(b) an end-of-studies internship of one year followed by a potential job offer based on performance
You would be joining AgilOne in our Engineering department starting summer 2018 in one of our offices in California (Sunnyvale/San Francisco).
As a Java intern, you will:
- Analyze and integrate huge data sets with partner data sources
- Design and write clear, performant, controllable code
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- Design and build systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
- Assess requirements and estimate time and resources to create solutions
- What values we look for
- You find great satisfaction in seeing people use the product you build
- You speak up and implement solutions on top of just discussing problems
- You say what you will do and do what you say
- You are committed to excellence and take pride in the quality of code you write
- You are constantly learning
- A good team player who works across team boundaries to get things done
- Experience in Java
- Experience in API integrations
- Experience with online (RDBMS)
- Passion for working in a high velocity, agile environment
- Nice to have:
- Experience in Hive or Hadoop stack
- Data Scientist Intern
- Solutions Consultant Intern
- Java Engineer Intern
- BI Engineer Intern
This position does not fit your skillset or your career plans?! Please check all our internship offers :
AgilOne, the Customer Data and Engagement Hub, provides enterprise consumer marketers the power to integrate customer data across digital, physical, and mobile channels, deliver customer analytics with predictive insights and 360-degree profiles, and engage customers at every touch point in order to maximize lifetime value. Currently, the AgilOne solution supports more than 150 brands worldwide.
We leverage the latest technologies in big data, machine learning and data quality management to deliver an enterprise-grade, scalable and high performance tool for customers such as Tumi, Lululemon, Lilly Pulitzer and David’s Tea.
AgilOne is funded by the best in the Valley - Sequoia Capital, Tenaya, and Mayfield.