Software Engineer (Cloud Infrastructure)
Austin, Texas /
Agnostiq is developing Covalent, an open-source workflow orchestration platform designed to help users manage and execute tasks on heterogeneous computing resources. You can learn more about the project at: https://github.com/AgnostiqHQ/covalent
Agnostiq is a fully distributed team with roots in Toronto and team members spanning Canada and the United States.
Role: Software Engineer (Cloud Infrastructure)
As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the implementation of a wide variety of cutting-edge cloud computing projects. You will be working closely with accomplished software engineers, building tools which connect classical and quantum applications to a variety of classical and quantum cloud compute resources. The ideal candidate will have strong prior experience with AWS. Candidates must be willing to learn on the job.
- Design, build, scale, and maintain Agnostiq’s cloud infrastructure and operations including container-based clusters, compute clusters, and CI pipelines.
- Create and execute software development plans in a rapidly-developing startup environment
- Provide technical expertise on multiple hybrid- and multi-cloud projects
- Drive development while providing domain-specific expertise, contribute to the development of new ideas and methods
- Serve as a technical resource for all of Agnostiq’s IaaS and PaaS cloud products
- At least four years experience as a professional software/cloud engineer
- Skilled in Python, Bash, and Linux systems administration
- Skilled in AWS technology, including ECS/EKS, load-balancing and autoscaling, and RBAC/IAM
- General experience with web technologies, databases, and REST API development
- General experience with infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, AWS CDK)
- General experience with DevOps and CI/CD practices
- Eager to join a startup
- Experience working in environments for scientific workloads (e.g., Slurm clusters, AWS Batch, or Azure CycleCloud)
- Experience with workflow tools such as Apache Airflow or equivalents
- Experience engaging with the open-source software community
- Equity Participation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Home office allowance