Senior Backend Engineer
Technology – Software Engineering /
Agreena is an exciting, dynamic, and purpose-oriented organisation united in a mission to mobilise farmers and corporations to unlock the value of nature and help restore the planet. While we’re rooted in agriculture, finance, and technology, our team of experts range from soil carbon scientists and software developers to market strategists and regulatory affairs experts. Over 200 employees across more than 40 nationalities are gathered under the common Agreena flag – either working from our headquarters in Copenhagen, offices in London, or remotely across Europe.
Agreena provides solutions that drive both environmental and financial sustainability. Our company offers a supportive and positive work environment with opportunities for learning, leading, and growth no matter where you are in your professional journey. We believe in giving our employees a lot of responsibility, and we encourage new thinking, innovation, and fun.
And this is where you come in:
We are looking for experienced Backend Engineers who will work closely with our Product Managers to get new features groomed and implemented across the Agreena product portfolio. You will be a part of an already established team of software engineers at Agreena.
We work on the latest Node.js version of the code, and we mostly use Nest.js with postgres. We have integrations with multiple services such as Stripe, DocuSign, Hubspot, our own authentication service and more.
How will you make an impact:
- Playing a key role in the design, implementation and integration of product features;
- Solving technical problems of high scope and complexity;
- Helping to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment;
- Helping to migrate our old code (based on Ruby on Rails) to the new NodeJs codebase.
Who we’re looking for:
- Several years of full-time working experience with Node.js & Typescript;
- Experience in writing well designed, testable and efficient code;
- Experience in writing APIs (REST) and API documentation (swagger);
- Experience with Node.js frameworks (we use Nest.js so that is preferred, but other frameworks also accepted);
- Experience with integrating with 3rd party services (Stripe, DocuSign, etc.);
- Experience with Data modelling, SQL and Database (relational and non-relational) knowledge;
- Experience with TDD and Jest;Good communication skills;Taking ownership of your code;
- Desire to constantly learn and improve yourself by embracing technical challenges;
Bonus points if:
- Working experience on performance optimization - application monitoring, profiling, caching strategies and improvements implementation;
- Experience with changing from monolith to microservices;
- Experience with deployment and other dev-ops configurations with technologies like Heroku, Docker and/or AWS services such as S3, EC2, etc.
What's in it for you:
- A unique opportunity to join and help shape a fast-growing tech scale up with the determination and ambitious mission to reverse climate change
- A truly global environment where you can collaborate and socialise with diverse and passionate colleagues
- Competitive compensation package and holidays
- Remote Work Policy
- Team events throughout the year
- An exciting purpose-led culture and mission
- Open communication and supportive feedback culture
🌱 Not quite what you're looking for?
We encourage you to follow our Agreena LinkedIn page to keep updated on content, articles as well as new opportunities opening. You can also subscribe to our job alerts talent pool to stay in the loop for the departments you're interested in exploring further at Agreena.
🌍 Be your best-self everyday at Agreena
At Agreena we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and growth so with that, we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced to help us achieve this exciting journey. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by our customers and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure Agreena remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.