London, United Kingdom / Copenhagen, Denmark
Product and R&D – Data Science /
Agreena is an exciting, dynamic, and purpose-oriented organisation united in a mission to mobilise farmers and corporations to unlock the value of nature and help restore the planet. While we’re rooted in agriculture, finance, and technology, our team of experts range from soil carbon scientists and software developers to market strategists and regulatory affairs experts. Over 200 employees across more than 40 nationalities are gathered under the common Agreena flag – either working from our headquarters in Copenhagen, offices in London, or remotely across Europe.
Agreena provides solutions that drive both environmental and financial sustainability. Our company offers a supportive and positive work environment with opportunities for learning, leading, and growth no matter where you are in your professional journey. We believe in giving our employees a lot of responsibility, and we encourage new thinking, innovation, and fun.
And this is where you come in:
We are looking for an in-house statistician to assist our Program and Data Science teams. Across both teams we are looking to better understand and explain our data in order to bolster our scientific rigour. The Statistician will sit between both teams and be confident working with different types of messy, imbalanced data (remote sensing imagery, experimental). Equally the Statistician will have a good understanding of statistical modelling and bring a fresh perspective to our machine learning and process-based approaches. Thus, the statistician will be a strong communicator capable of translating complex analysis into simplified insights.
The Program and Data Science teams are integral to the scientific operations of the company, and you will work closely together with the Customer Success and Operations team to ensure state of the art science drives our world leading carbon platform. As such, you will be part of a dynamic and high-paced work environment constantly subject to innovation.
How will you make an impact:
- Communicating and visualising key insights;
- Estimating uncertainty and error propagation in our models;
- Applying Bayesian methods for the calibration of complex process-based models;
- Designing sampling strategies for our data collection campaigns;
- Evaluating the quality and quantity of our data.
Who we’re looking for:
- Minimum Masters in Statistics, Mathematics, or appropriate science/engineering field;
- 1-2 years of experience working in a relevant field, with experience in the following:
- Statistical and data-sampling techniques (regression, imputation, random forest, Monte Carlo);
- Temporal and spatial data;
- Python and/or R;
- Handling and processing messy/imbalanced data;
- Strong theoretical background in Bayesian Statistics;
- Comfortable communicating ideas to audiences with a range of technical expertise.
Bonus points if you have:
- PhD or advanced degree in one of the relevant Science fields mentioned above;
- Knowledge or experience working with data from crop models, ML architectures, and satellite remote sensing;
- A baseline understanding of greenhouse gas accounting frameworks and methodologies;
- A good understanding in ecosystem service markets.
What’s in it for you:
- A unique opportunity to join and help shape a fast-growing tech scale up with the determination and ambitious mission to reverse climate change;
- A truly global environment where you can collaborate and socialise with diverse and passionate colleagues;
- Competitive compensation package and holidays;
- Centrally located modern office in Copenhagen or London and the option to work from home a couple days a week;
- Team events throughout the year;
- An exciting purpose-led culture and mission;
- Open communication and supportive feedback culture.
🌱 Not quite what you're looking for?
We encourage you to follow our Agreena LinkedIn page to keep updated on content, articles as well as new opportunities opening. You can also subscribe to our job alerts talent pool to stay in the loop for the departments you're interested in exploring further at Agreena.
🌍 Be your best-self everyday at Agreena
At Agreena we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and growth so with that, we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced to help us achieve this exciting journey. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by our customers and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure Agreena remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.