Senior Associate Corporate Development
Corporate Development – Strategy /
Agreena is an exciting, dynamic and purpose-oriented organisation united in a mission to drive impact for farmers and the climate. While we’re rooted in agriculture, finance and technology, our team of experts range from soil carbon scientists and software developers to market strategists and regulatory affairs experts. More than 30 nationalities are gathered under the common Agreena flag – either working from our headquarters in Copenhagen or remotely across Europe.
Agreena provides solutions that drive both environmental and financial sustainability. Within the last year alone, we have helped farmers across 13 countries in their conversion journey to regenerative farming practices. Our company offers a supportive and positive work environment with opportunities for learning, leading and growth no matter where you are in your professional journey. We believe in giving our employees a lot of responsibility, and we encourage new thinking, innovation and fun.
About the Corporate Development team
Our Corporate Development team sits at the heart of Agreena. As the strategic growth arm of the organisation, we design and execute a wide range of initiatives to support Agreena’s growth, while also providing critical cross-functional support to other teams.
Some of our strategic priorities at the moment are:
International expansion: identifying and prioritising new markets and geographies for expansion, designing and executing market entry strategies.
Agreena platform expansion: Identifying improvements and new features to our current suite of products and services
Supply chain solutions: integrating our products and services into global supply chains to support the implementation of ESG agendas
The Corporate Development team delivers on its role by:
- Providing functional services in the area of strategy, research & analysis, regulation & standards affairs, business & legal affairs
- Executing by incubating new initiatives, leading M&A and brokering strategic partnerships & alliances.
And this is where you come in:
The Corporate Development team is looking for a Senior Associate. You will be responsible for researching industry trends and policy developments, identifying and analysing relevant technological innovations and partnership opportunities, and maintaining a database and analytical models regarding regenerative agriculture, the broader carbon markets. You are responsible for providing relevant insights to help the company make the right decisions, address key challenges, and identify new ways to grow. The role will identify and articulate business needs and provide solutions to critical business issues and decisions, and the role will be a key member of the deal team providing strategic analytical support for potential acquisitions and partnerships.
How will you make an impact:
- Remain fully informed on market trends and digest policy-related news and regulatory updates to assess impact on business and operations
- Collect data and information on customers, partners, competitors, regulations, technology and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Identify new business opportunities and evaluate potential partners to support product, platform, and market development
Analysis and Financial Modelling
- Undertake market analysis/modelling, metric reporting, and operational support related to the company’s strategy
- Provide analytical support to all aspects of the deal negotiation process and evaluation of M&A targets
- Perform financial analysis and operational modelling for strategic initiativesProvide further insight into the company’s overall strategy by identifying critical questions and performing ad-hoc analyses
- Carbon accounting and impact on potential program and operational changes
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Summarise insights from analysis and clearly communicate analytical findings in a cohesive story; and articulate an argument to be presented to executives
- Develop and communicate strategy to address competition, changes in regulations and customer preference, and improvements in technology and go-to-market tools
- Formulate strategy for new offer, partner, product, and platform initiatives
Who we're looking for:
- Experience in an investment banking or strategy consulting role essential, and experience in a corporate strategy role is ideal
- Experience in start-up environment is ideal and go-to-market activation
- Experience or interest in the regenerative agriculture sector and carbon markets
- Undergraduate degree in related field essential, MBA from top-tier global institution is ideal
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills and exceptional conceptual thinking and communicator
- A passion to support farmers and change the planet
- Fluency in English
Bonus points if:
- Experience working in venture capital or the agriculture industry
- Experience working with the carbon markets, GHG protocol and SBTi
- Fluent in multiple Languages
What's in it for you:
- A unique opportunity to join and help shape a fast-growing tech scale up with the determination and ambitious mission to reverse climate change
- A truly global environment where you can collaborate and socialise with diverse and passionate colleagues
- Competitive compensation package and holidays
- Centrally located modern office in Copenhagen and the option to work from home a couple or take benefit of our Remote Work Policy if based outside of Denmark
- Team events throughout the year
- An exciting purpose-led culture and mission Open communication and supportive feedback culture
🌍 Be your best-self everyday at Agreena
At Agreena we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and growth so with that, we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced to help us achieve this exciting journey. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by our customers and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure Agreena remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.