Full Stack Developer - Cloud Services
Software Engineering – Cloud Infrastructure
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
Today we are living in an always on, always connected world. We will make sure our self-driving cars have a reliable cloud infrastructure enabling it to collect data, learn and update the vehicles. Also it can provide the autonomous vehicle fleet with relevant real time information like maps data or weather information. Our team empowers our fellow engineers with a framework to debug our systems in real-time and operate the fleet.
As a software engineer in the Cloud Services team, you will design and implement functionality to keep the autonomous cars running. You will get to solve the coolest problems available for cloud software developers today. You'll be building reliable and scalable distributed systems and provide low latency and high availability. You'll be responsible for the full stack from front-end to back-end. You'll need to work in collaboration with backend infrastructure engineers in the Cloud team as well as other engineering teams within AID.
- Near-realtime monitoring and management of a self-driving car fleet
- Management and processing of large volumes of data
- Machine learning
- Remote control
- Regression testing and simulation
As a full stack developer in the Cloud Infrastructure team, you will design and implement web-based applications for a wide variety of use-cases such as:
- We're looking for passionate software developers who are able build complex web applications, We expect:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field. Can be substituted by practical experience.
- Experience in designing and implementing web UIs
- Knowledge of at least one modern web UI framework e.g. Angular, React or Vue.js
- Knowledge of at least one backend programming language e.g. Go, Java, C++, Scala, C#. Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python or Ruby) would be a plus.
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as algorithms, networking, security etc.
- Understanding of UX design
- Appreciation for industry best practices such as unit testing, continuous integration, DevOps
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.