Product Safety and Systems Engineering Manager
Software Engineering – System Architecture
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
The Safety and System Engineering teams analyses use cases, models them and breaks them down into high-level requirements for the different components, ensuring that our product is coherent, well designed and documented at the system level. We invent and implement a modern, data-driven way of demonstrating that our self-driving car is safe. This applies to both the design of our product and the processes that AID follows to guaranty its safety.
- Grow people, technically and drive the technical competence growth of the newly established teams by external & internal hiring, people development, job designs and on-the-job training.
- Grow the technical skill level inside your teams’ area
- Grow the teams into high performing, self-organizing units
- Grow and support individuals in their career development
- Continuously improve performance, actively seek out and remove blockers for the teams together with Agile coaches
- Empower and facilitate the team to invent and implement a new process that combines the rigor of a V-cycle and the discovery capability of an agile method and in particular to develop the right tools to support it
- Then challenge the team to build an innovative safety concept that is adapted to modern software-heavy functions in a world of big-data
- A background working within the system and safety engineering process in a software heavy product
- Experienced with and desire to work as a manager in an Agile environment
- Demonstrable people management experience; managing, and nurturing careers, as well as managing under and over-performers, and have the ability to influence cross-functional teams as well as recruit and build teams.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field such as Computer Science, applied Mathematics/Statistics, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Someone who thrives on learning new technologies and doesn't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You will be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our company’s massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Have the belief and thought that a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point, and you thrive on the belief that quality doesn't have to be compromised to achieve speed - you can have both at the same time
- Believe that you can achieve more as a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- 10+ years of relevant experience
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.