IT & Security – Security
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
AID is looking for an experienced privacy engineering expert with technical depth and product intuition to build privacy enabling technologies for Autonomous Vehicles and grow user trust. In this role, you will collaborate across engineering, product, and legal teams on programs that strengthen our privacy practices. The ideal candidate possesses visionary ideals for user privacy and can apply them in a business environment. Deep know how in approaches to securing user data and keeping it private is a must.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Create and drive adoption of privacy frameworks and best practices across the company
- Provide oversight to manage the design, development, and oversight of the Self Driving System (SDS) by ensuring privacy by design
- Act as end to end privacy strategist in assessing privacy risks, and driving appropriate engineering/product designs
- Help the organization in navigating through privacy pitfalls
- Lead the development of data handling guidelines and technical privacy reference architecture
- Act as strategic partner to product teams
- Work with engineering and product leaders from ideation to implementation – crafting the product/technology strategy and roadmap for privacy, mapping critical business priorities to dependencies and aligning cross functional roadmaps
- Ensure all stakeholders have clear alignment by providing a breadth and depth of privacy guidance as necessary to support the various teams
- Provide technical guidance and support on privacy impact assessment and remediation of findings
- Educate leaders and partners within and outside the organization on privacy impact of design decisions and ensure innovation and data protection co-exist
- Closely partner with engineers to build privacy solutions addressing common platform needs
- Define and track privacy measures within the SDS
- Monitor current happenings within the industry and represent AID at events
- Demonstrated experience leading and shaping privacy culture at tech companies
- Strong communication, presentation, and management skills across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Deep expertise in data lifecycle management, de-identification, and big data privacy
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Comfortable with on the ground privacy challenges as well as driving strategy with executive leadership
- Experience mentoring and sharing privacy specific domain knowledge with others
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in privacy engineering and applying techniques such as differential privacy and homomorphic encryption
- 5+ translating data privacy laws into technical requirements
- Strong software engineering background
- Research background in automotive vehicular technology and privacy is a big plus
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.