Software Engineering – System Architecture
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
The System Engineering team coordinates the work of different teams making sure that our product is coherent, well designed and documented at the system level. We invent and implement a modern, data-driven way of demonstrating that our self-driving car is safe.
- Perform systems analysis and design activities using agile model-based systems engineering (aMBSE), including use cases, system architecture and interfaces
- Complete systems-of-systems designs, including mechanical, electrical and software subsystems.
- Ensure traceability between use cases, requirements, implementation and test
- Create a solid base for certification to automotive industry standards (e.g. ASPICE or ISO26262)
- Work closely with domain experts (in Engineering Disciplines, Functional Safety, Security, Product Management and Verification)
- Creating technical self-driving systems presentations and participate in customer briefings
- Strong experience designing system architecture for software development programs
- Experience with the Systems Design process
- Experience with autonomous driving or driver assistance
- General knowledge of agile Philosophy and modern Product Development Process Methodologies
- Generation of System, Hardware and Software requirements documentation
- Advanced degree in a technical field, such as Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Science Creativity and personal initiative
- Ability to pursue information (“self-starter”) with excellent written and oral communication skills in English and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Java or C++ programming for simulation purposes of Functional Analysis and task automation
- Experience with IBM CLM tools (DOORS Next Generation, Rational Design Manager, Rational Quality Manager and Rational Publishing Engine)
- Experience with SAFe frameworks (e.g. JAZZ or LeSS https://less.works)
The following skills are a plus:
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.