Compute Platform Engineer
Hardware Engineering – Vehicle Engineering
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
As a Compute Platform Engineer, you will play a key role in helping to design and develop the compute platform for autonomous driving:
About the Role:
- Working on efficient and powerful compute hardware architectures for autonomous vehicles
- Design and bring-up autonomous driving compute platforms and prepare for car integration
- Proof-of-concept for sensor interfaces from Hardware and Software perspective
- Setting up hardware bench-marking in connection with software environment
- Scouting on future oriented hardware concepts, meaning not state-of-the-art architectures like GPUs
- Profiling and tracing for hardware bottlenecks
- Bachelor/Master of Science in electronics or computer engineering or computer technology
- Proven experience with GPGPUs
- Practical experience with FPGA co-design, design flow and high level synthesis
- Good knowledge in computer architectures
- Background in sensor interfaces (like GSML), standard data interfaces (like ETH)
- Good programming skills in programming languages C/C++ and Python
- Compiler design
- Experience in Tensorflow/Keras
- Multicore and parallel programming techniques
Preferred Qualifications (seen as a bonus)
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.