Security Architect, Infrastructure & IT
IT & Security – Security
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
About the Role:
The Security Architect for AID will be responsible for information security across the company. Working with the firm’s senior management team, he/she is responsible for working with the development teams, engineers and architects, to ensure we have a an architecture and a coherent strategy for securely developing our products and services.
As a startup within a bigger firm we are looking for someone that has experience in working with a small team of talented technologists that can both integrate and add value day to day, as well as ensuring our future in a regulated environment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that there are agreed design patterns for providing services in the public cloud.
- Working with (and definitely not against) development and engineering to ensure that the technical requirements for our products are clearly articulated, practical and pragmatic, and achievable.
- As the most technical person within Information Security you leverage and collaborate with others in an open and advancing approach
- Own the “What we need to do”. Collaborate on the “How we are going to do it”.
- Documenting generic non functional requirements.
- White-boarding sessions to review and agree complex approaches.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders, such as the CISO, engineering, and the rest of the information security team, to ensure we are secure by design.
- 7-10+ years functioning as an information security architect, with an enterprise IT security preview.
- Experience with security pattern or template production, security education, cloud security, identity management, certificates, SaaS solutions, infrastructure security and risk analysis is required.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in technology, information, and cyber security, including experience with cloud and Internet technology and technology in a company environment.
- Knowledge of information security standards (e.g. ISO 17799/27002, etc.), rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (e.g. PCI, NIST, NSA, etc.) and other various security standards and policies are a must.
- Possess the emotional intelligence to attract and retain top talent and to enable organisational competence, in the midst of pervasive change.
- Have strong analytical, consultative and problem solving skills and be a strong communicator (oral, written, presentation).
- BA or BS required and/or related work experience. MSc or Phd preferred.
- Electrical Engineering experience would be amazing!
- A technologist that has effective communication skills and track record of working in new fields of development.
- A strong strategist with business partnering skills as well as experience in driving large change or improvement agendas across an organisation.
- An understanding of business strategy and evidence of executing an IT program to deliver business objectives; a desire to know and understand the core business; strong initiative to stay current with industry and technology trends.
- Relentless sense of urgency, strong intellectual horsepower, a thorough and insightful problem-solver with a can-do attitude and demonstrated results.
- Strong service orientation with user constituents.
- Builds and establishes credibility through an honest and direct communication style; a mature straight shooter who adds value among the business leadership and is highly respected throughout the organisation.
- An experienced individual who brings strong core values, ethics, and integrity.
- Resilient to pressure and able to give direction and inspire confidence while under external and internal spotlight.
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.