Operations – Fleet Management
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
At AID we want to teach machines how to drive on their own in future. To achieve this vision until 2025, we need to provide "human safety drivers" as support to our self-driving system stack, to ensure the safe operations of the car in public streets during development and verification stages.
The AID driving instructor has the mission to shape the safety driver education strategy together with AID safety experts regarding Level4 and Level5 autonomous driving to achieve maximum safety for road participants at any given time.
About the Role:
- Teach and assess our engineers and external drivers for being a safety driver for L4/5 autonomous vehicle.
- Manage external prototype pieces of training with OEMs and extend that with AID specific theoretical and practical driving classes.
- Scale quantity for internal and external safety drivers starting with pieces of training and develop a strategy for scaling safety driver activities on a global level.
- Act also as a safety driver to improve the training and adopt on upcoming requirements.
- Research and drive on routes to test autonomous driving functions in collaboration with the Scenario Testing team.
- Host seminars to explain the challenge to stakeholders.
- Extended experience working as a driving instructor of at least five years.
- Certified driving instructor for categories B and DE/ CE.
- Valid driving license and clean driving record.
- Preemptive driving behaviour and capability to stay focused and concentrated in unexpected and critical driving situations.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle systems, components and operating procedures.
- Open-mindedness, patient and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.