Vehicle Test Engineer
Software Engineering – Test & Verification
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
About the Vehicle Test team:
The Vehicle Test Team owns the daily and weekly testing activities in the cars, and the bootstrapping and provisioning of systems. They work with tool developers to automate the infrastructure and test related procedures, with System Engineers to design test steps to verify requirements, with algorithm Developers to understand the expected vehicle behavior and with Release Management to enable release-ready decision making for our software builds. Our Vehicle Test Engineers bridge the gaps between all these various groups and more. They are the backbone of the Verification and Validation activity at AID.
About the Role:
- Design, creation and execution of structured test plans that execute in the real world.
- Troubleshoot bugs and errors from system to module level.
- Build diagnostic software tools and automated dashboards to accelerate troubleshooting.
- Report to other engineers on the found typical failure modes, potential diagnostic techniques, and potential solutions.
- Build up dedicated test environments to stress the system and replicate errors, through automation and further enhancement of the current infrastructure.
- Strong system understanding – interaction between hardware (sensors, actuators, cabling/wiring, ECUs) and low-level software.
- Programming skills with C, C++ or Python.
- Comfortable using the Linux command shell as the primary interface to the systems and an ability to read and write shell scripts.
- Familiarity with the basics of Ethernet networks.
- Innovative thinker and a positive attitude to solve cross domain problems.
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.