Operations Project Manager
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
As Operations Project Manager at Autonomous Intelligent Driving you will be responsible to define, coordinate and lead the operations setup within one or more of our customer projects.
About the Role:
- Work with the Customer Project Lead and oversee the operations part of a larger customer project.
- Work with internal departments and external partners & suppliers to ensure all requirements of AID are fulfilled in the new location.
- This may include:
- Plan the headcount that is needed during the development, testing & operations phase.
- Ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met. Administrative functions may include updating project schedule, tracking issues and changes, compiling status reports, scheduling meeting times and locations, taking meeting minutes, developing presentations, and arranging training for project team.
- Develop business and project priorities and oversees implementation plans in conjunction with multiple partners (e.g. tech and operations teams internally, project partners externally)
- Develops project plans, estimations, specifications, flowcharts, and presentations.
- This role demands regular international travel activities and potentially a longer stay onsite (1-3 months).
- Location & infrastructure requirements (workshop, depot, office, test track)
- Vehicle fleet requirements (AVs, maintenance, charging),
- Legal and regulatory requirements (Permissions to operate autonomous fleet, registrations)
- Any other requirements that pop up and need to be considered
- 5+ years work experience as project manager or operations manager or a related field
- Experience in managing a vehicle fleet or building up a local operation
- Ideally experience with car rental companies, shared mobility providers, or (autonomous) test fleets
- Hands-on mentality and mindset to get things done
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Experience with agile software development and tools such as Confluence and JIRA
- Professional experience in a fast paced, innovative operations environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience managing multiple teams/functions
- Oral and written English proficiency
- Willingness to travel in order to support the implementation of projects worldwide
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.