Software Integration Engineer - System Software Infrastructure
Software Engineering – System Software Infrastructure
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
About the Team
The AID vehicle platform and technology team helps to make self-driving systems a reality by building the vehicle ecosystem that supports its development and operation. Our goal is to provide a cutting-edge engineering framework on top of a distributed, always up-to-date, safe and secure real-time platform and operating system.
Members of the vehicle platform and technology team, work at the core of all products and technologies. The challenge is to develop mission-critical, complex and scalable software with great passion and attention to detail when it comes to performance, robustness and to stretch capabilities of both high-performance and constrained environments.
What you'll do:
- As a member of the vehicle platform and technology team, you will be involved in the design and operation of our vehicle software ecosystem as well as the integration activities related to our product components. You will be part of the system and device bring-up team and you will work on the overall system configuration, resource assignments, deployment architecture, timing and scheduling setup as well as the network and I/O configuration.
- Within the AID engineering organization, you will be involved in cross-functional activities together with our application developers, the middleware development team and the fleet operations experts.
What qualifies you to join us?
- We are looking for engineers that have a passion for the internals and enablers of complex systems. If you have the talent to get things to work - but also understand how to disassemble complex machinery, then you're a great candidate.
- To be more precise, you should have good understanding of both general purpose computers as well as embedded/constraint environments, operating systems fundamentals, architecture of network stacks and network infrastructure and basic design principles of embedded software. You should have awareness about what it means to develop and deliver complex software that needs to run in a safety-critical and time-sensitive environment.
- We are very interested to hear about your experience in fields like Embedded Linux, QNX and/or vehicle software platforms (such as AUTOSAR). Also experience and passion for system administration, writing great scripts, being a gdb or profiler wizard or have perfect knowledge about build systems and automation are well respected skills for us.
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.