Software Engineer - Reporting & Analytics
Software Engineering – Test & Verification
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
The task of the Software Engineer in Reporting & Analytics is crucial in our data-driven company; building the tools and processes to gather, clean, and analyze data is critical for understanding the quality and performance of our self-driving system.
As one of our Software Engineers in our Release Team, you will design and implement tools and processes to curate and feed large volumes of diverse data to an expanding organization. You will be using modern toolchains and creating targeted solutions as part of the release management team to bring visibility and insights on product quality data to the company. Bringing creativity to the role will be paramount, as we will need new ways to combine and visualize our data. In this new team you have the opportunity to design and shape systems and tools from scratch, while having the freedom to choose the tech that solves the problem.
- Build scalable data pipelines on cloud-based infrastructure.
- Build easy to understand dashboards and reports.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the company to design metrics and KPIs that provide insight into product quality.
- Architect cloud-based tools and processes for data gathering and cleaning.
- Drive continual improvement of the release process and tools.
- Be an active team member in making key decisions.
- Perform code reviews, encouraging coherent and high-quality code
- Optimize cloud-based storage and compute resources.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong data analytics and visualization skills with ability to communicate effectively to different audiences.
- Experience shipping complex software systems.
- Knowledge of Git and Git branching concepts.
- Atlassian Suite experience (Bamboo, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence).
- Expert-level scripting knowledge (i.e. Python, Go or similar)
- Excellent knowledge & experience in data representation, data pipelines, databases & API design.
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure and tools (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Docker)
- Experience in dealing with mixed-quality datasets and extracting the valuable parts
Nice to have:
- In-depth experience with Agile practices.
- Experience with code analysis tools and code quality concepts.
- Familiarity with modern tools such as Spark, Kafka, Bazel, Continuous Integration
- Working knowledge of C++
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning workflows
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.