Software Engineer - Autonomous Driving Sensor
Software Engineering – Perception & Prediction
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
About the Team:
The Sensor Interfacing Team develops the algorithms and writes the software that senses the world around our self-driving cars and enables the prediction of what it will look like in the seconds ahead.
The Autonomous Driving Sensor – Software Engineer is responsible for the design, development and integration of our sensor software modules. The tasks for this role include the analysis of sensor properties, their strengths and weaknesses in different environment conditions, sensor performance evaluation and writing the code that integrates and configures the different sensors in the car.
As a member of an agile team, you interface closely with the perception and sensor hardware teams and contribute to the development of the cutting-edge perception modules that form part of our environment model.
About the role:
Key responsibilities of this role focus on the following key areas
• Integration and configuration of state-of-the-art, real-time sensors in our autonomous software stack
• Building high-quality, well-tested, and maintainable software
• Integration and testing of the software stack in the target vehicle fleet and simulation environment
As an experienced Software Engineer you will be able to demonstrate:
• Strong C++ professional development skills (Automotive Embedded is a plus)
• Expert-level knowledge of at least one of the following sensors: Camera, Lidar, Radar
• 3+ years of related professional experience (Sensors and Software). Passionate about good Software Engineering
• A Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
• Experience with Python and/or POSIX-embedded platforms (Linux/QNX) are a plus
• Track record of working on A-SPICE and Safety-relevant (ISO 26262) projects is a plus
• Knowledge of network programming is a plus
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.