Principal Engineer - Perception
Software Engineering – Perception & Prediction
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
- Lay down the technical vision and architecture for a cutting-edge perception pipeline. This includes proposing and designing suitable algorithms, software tooling and infrastructure, data pipeline and sensor set.
- Through your technical leadership and In conjunction with Line Management, build an industry-leading team of up to 70 engineers to execute and deliver this vision.
- Help teams make the right technical choices and put them on a path to technical success.
- Mentor junior engineers into becoming technically strong machine learning and computer vision engineers, and challenge senior engineers into pushing the state of the art.
- Work with system architects and tech leads to ensure AID's perception module integrates well with other components at the system level and meets our safety and product requirements.
- Drive R&D within perception, resulting in publications in peer-reviewed journals and contributions to the academic community
- Outstanding knowledge of Machine Learning in general and Deep Learning in particular in the context of Computer Vision and/or Autonomous Driving. Solid understanding of 3D vision
- Broad knowledge of latest publications in this domain and expert understanding of theory and methodologies
- Publications in major Computer Vision or Machine Learning conferences (NIPS, CVPR, ...)
- Good C++ coding skills and familiarity with state-of-the-art software development processes
- Good interpersonal skills, in particular in the context of mentoring and teaching technical skills
- Experience working in a team that has shipped products
- Common sense, pragmatism and experience of what will work and what will not in a safety-critical production system
- 10+ years of experience since graduating
- PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computer Science or related field
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.