Project Manager (PMO)
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
As a Project Manager in the PMO at Autonomous Intelligent Driving you will be a connection point between the major customer and vehicle projects at AID. You will define the way we collaborate and make sure that all of our projects are managed in a successful way.
About the Role:
- Supporting Project Managers in coordinating the activities of several related projects to ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met. Administrative functions may include updating project schedule, tracking issues and changes, compiling status reports, scheduling meeting times and locations, taking meeting minutes, developing presentations, and arranging training for project team.
- Assesses long-term capacity and capability needs and develops plans to proactively address gaps
- Develops business and project priorities and oversees implementation plans in conjunction with multiple partners (e.g. tech and operations teams internally, project partners externally)
- Proposes changes to methodologies, frameworks, best practices for continuous process improvement and leads initiatives to analyze and/or implement.
- Responsible for effective project kickoff, identification of all project stakeholders, defining and clarifying project roles and responsibilities.
- Detailed tasks include developing/managing/maintaining comprehensive, accurate project plans and schedules, as well as performing estimation, forecasting, planning, analysis, issue / risk / change management, escalation management, meeting facilitation, variance analysis, and status reporting.
- Is proactive in the identification and resolution of issues that may negatively impact a project or project deliverable; documents/ communicates status and escalates as appropriate.
- May include presenting status to business/technical steering committees.
- 7+ years work experience as project manager/program manager/PMO manager or a related field in the software or IT industry
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Hyper-organized mindset - able to be an influencer of projects to lead development, operations, and logistics toward a common goal
- Works effectively under pressure - consistently delivers excellent results and high output rates in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with agile software development and tools such as Confluence and JIRA
- Ideally a PMI, IPMA or PRINCE2 project management certification
- Professional experience in a fast paced, innovative operations environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience managing multiple teams/functions
- Oral and written English proficiency
- Willingness to travel in order to support the implementation of projects worldwide
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of workflow including prioritization, planning and task delegation under tight deadlines
- Proficiency using multiple tools and software to create/measure productivity and other operational metrics
- Proven experience leveraging technology and process improvement methodology to drive continuous innovation and improvement on a large scale
- Strong facilitation skills (team, process, and meeting)
- SCRUM Master certification
- Management of large-scale programs managed in JIRA (e.g. JIRA Portfolio, BigPicture, Structure)
- Experience in a complex multi-disciplinary PMO supporting SW and highly technical product development teams
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, complex electromechanical systems, real-time and/or high-availability systems
- Prior exposure to full program lifecycles, from inception and development to delivery and support
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.