Software Engineer - Cloud Services
Software Engineering – Cloud Infrastructure
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
About the Team
Today we are living in an always on, always connected world. We will make sure our self-driving cars have a reliable cloud infrastructure enabling it to collect data, learn and update the vehicles. Also it can provide the autonomous vehicle fleet with relevant real time information like maps data or weather information. Our team empowers our fellow engineers with a framework to debug our systems in real-time and operate the fleet.
You'll be building reliable and scalable distributed systems which process large volumes of data and/or provide low latency and high availability. In addition to storing and processing large volumes of data, you will work with moving and processing smaller amounts of data in real-time between the car and the cloud. You will be designing and implementing both the features and the underlying software infrastructure as needed. You will work closely with subject matter experts in self-driving car related domains and software construction related systems such as build/CI.
As a software engineer in the Cloud Services team, you will design and implement functionality to keep the autonomous cars running. You will get to solve the coolest problems available for cloud software developers today.
As a software engineer in the Cloud Infrastructure team, you will design and implement large scale software systems for use-cases such as:
- Near-realtime monitoring and management of a self-driving car fleet
- Management and processing of large volumes of data
- Data processing pipelines and support functionality for various use cases such as Machine Learning, Data Analysis, Regression Testing, Fleet Management, Release Management, Build/CI
- Remote control with real-time sensor data streaming
- Regression testing and simulation
- Degree in Computer Science or related field. Can be substituted by practical experience.
- Experience coding in a general purpose programming language such as Go, C++, Java or C#.
- Interest to learn new programming languages and technologies.
- Appreciation for industry best practices in software development.
- Experience coding in multiple programming languages.
- Experience designing and developing large software systems.
- Experience with full stack development
- Expertise in one of the following fields: distributed systems, big data, databases, networking, real-time streaming.
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.