Open Source Officer
Software Engineering – Engineering Process
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
- Be the point of contact for Open Source compliance matters at AID
- Establish and maintain industry leading best practices related to Open Source software handling
- Work with the engineering team to deploy automated methods for scanning third-party code
- Respond to Open Source licensing risks arising from the use of third-party software
- Act as an interpreter between the legal domain and the software domain
- Define and track requirements for Open Source licensing compliance
- Stay up to date on Open Source licensing developments in the software industry, understand and action any potential implications for AID
- Represent AID in public forums and conferences that are relevant for OSS and act as AID’s external interface for related matters
- Identify parts of AID’s software stack that are candidates for Open Sourcing and work with legal, business development and engineering to determine the most appropriate licensing model
- Identify AID’s Open Source education needs and ensure that required training is provided
- Ensure that all documentation related to Open Source at AID is kept accurate and up to date
- Proven track record leading Open Source activity in a large software organization
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Fluent English mandatory, proficiency in German beneficial
- In depth familiarity with Open Source licenses broadly in use today
- Strong background in Software Development – able to think and act like a Software Developer
- Ten years or more experience in Software Engineering
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.