Software Engineer - Maps - AD Map Subsystem
Software Engineering – Maps & Localization
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
The Maps Subsystem Team is defining Requirement and Map Model for the Autonomous Driving Maps. We are working on design and development of map compilers, cloud-based map deployment methods as well as in-car architecture and modules to provide map data to other components in the Autonomous Driving software stack. In addition, we are developing map-based modules and algorithms such as Map Matching and Lane-Level Routing, as well as interface to Navigation Subsystem.
- Design and development of Autonomous Driving Map Run-Time and API,
- Design and development of in-car map distribution mechanisms and modules,
- Development of Autonomous Driving map compilers,
- Design and development of back-end and front-end components for incremental map deployment,
- Writing software interfaces to map suppliers, traffic information services, etc.
- Strong development skills in C++
- Working knowledge of at least two additional programming languages,
- Experience in cross-platform development with focus on Unix-based systems,
- Experience in development of Navigation, Map-Supported ADAS and/or Autonomous Driving systems,
- Knowledge of at least one Exchange and/or Physical Storage Format (e.g. GDF, RDF, NDS, …),
- Experience working in Automotive environments would be beneficial,
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Geodesy or a relevant field,
- Passion for cars and for development of first-class software.
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.