Safety Manager for Test Fleet
Product Management & Systems Engineering – Product Safety
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
About the Role:
- Prepare and keep updated documentation (safety reports, alterations, etc.) as necessary for technical services and authorities in order to receive testing approvals
- Contribute to the development of safety arguments of new automated driving prototypes/functions
- Establish and ensure consistent process of change management regarding prototype vehicles
- Keep record of prototype approvals, driver trainings, prototype hazard logs, software and hardware changes
- Liaise and interact with technical services and third parties with respect to prototype approvals in different jurisdictions
- Keep track and follow guidelines, regulations and legislation concerning approvals of automated driving test vehicles and advise internal stakeholders
- Specify and execute vehicle/system compliance tests and inspections
- Specify and execute safety driver trainings
- Contribute as an ‘safety culture’ ambassador across domains
- Automotive related engineering degree, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the area of Functional Safety
- Work experience in the field of automotive functional safety is a must
- Work experience in the field of technical compliance (homologation/certification) on active safety aspects desirable
- Excellent written and oral communications skills English
- Intermediate written and oral skills in German are desirable to successfully fulfill this role
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.