Software Engineer - Calibration Algorithms
Software Engineering – Perception & Prediction
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
Data driven development is a key in building the autonomous vehicle. Our development fleet is one center piece, being equipped with the latest sensor technology. As we scale up our fleet, our team ensures we can gather and provide data on highest quality level to our development teams to design and train models for our SDS.
- Develop online and offline calibration algorithms
- Define and analyse of calibration tolerances and errors
- Interface with sensor hardware
- Filtering and handling of sensor raw data
Requirements - minimum qualification
- Strong mathematical capabilities
- Modern c++ programming skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or relevant field
Requirements - preferred qualification
- Experience in image processing /point cloud processing skills
- Experience working with Lidar, cameras, radars and/or IMUs
- Experience working with sensor hardware and the relevant interfaces
- Familiarity with multiple view geometry
- Working with Linux and software development tooling
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.