Vehicle Operation and Automotive-Service Technician
Hardware Engineering – Vehicle Operations
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
About the Role:
- Support the smooth and safe running operation of our fleet
- Support the day-to-day car service activities
- Organize and coordinate car transportation
- Monitor and organize OEM maintenance checks for all vehicles
- Responsible for workshop cleaning activities
- Report errors and issues of the operational fleet activity
- Ensure cleaning and maintenance of our fleet
- First level support (Using AID tools)
- Troubleshooting and swapping parts
- Support drivers with the delivery and return of vehicles ensuring a smooth handover process
- Assisting colleagues in other areas e.g. Vehicle Design, Vehicle Integration
- Completed vocational training as automotive mechatronics technician/mechanic/electrician, etc.
- Diagnostic troubleshooting with OEM systems (ODIS, IDEX, etc.)
- Knowledge of hand and power tools, pneumatic equipment including machine shop items: band saws, grinders, etc.
- Show attention to detail and accuracy in your work
- Hands on, self-motivated, driven team player, who is excited to work in a automotive startup company
- Deep passion for engineering, prototyping, technology and cars
- Manual dexterity, a quick grasp and interest in new activities
- Experience with vehicle updates
- Driver license class B
- Availability to travel
- Basic knowledge in English
- Basic knowledge with electric vehicles
- Previous work experience with HV/Hybrid systems
- EFK or EFFT qualification
- BMW, VW or Audi prototype licence
- Experience with prototype vehicles
- Experience with standard automotive debugging tool-set for bus tracing/calibrating/manipulating (e.g. VECTOR, GIN)
- Experience with measurement technique (scopes, meters and other test equipment)
- Experience reading wiring diagrams
- Experience with reporting tool like JIRA and PLM tool
Nice to have Qualification:
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.