Working Student - Scenario classification
Product Management & Systems Engineering – Product Safety
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
AID develops an Automated Driving System (ADS). One of the main development targets is the safety of our ADS. Safety can only be argued for a dedicated context or operational design domain (ODD). To understand an ODD, it is important to understand the possible scenarios and their distribution within the ODD.
- Maintain and continuously increase an ontology of scenarios
- Classify situations from the replay of sensor recordings according a scenario ontology
- Contribute to the statistic analysis of the occurrence of scenarios
- Contribute to the improvement of safety mechanisms using the insights from the analysis
- Share our fascination and enthusiasm for automated driving and safety
- Intermediate level in mathematics, computer science, natural sciences, or engineering (MINT)
- good observation and judgment skill
- good communication skill
- ability to work on your own
- fluent in English
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.