Software Engineer - Middleware and System/Service Platform
Software Engineering – Software Platform
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
About the Team
The AID software platform team helps to make that a reality by building the software ecosystem for our self-driving system. Our goal is to provide a cutting-edge engineering framework on top of a distributed, always up-to-date, safe and secure real-time platform and operating system.
Members of the platform team work at the core of all products and technologies. The challenge is to develop mission-critical, complex and scalable software with great passion and attention to detail when it comes to performance, robustness and to stretch capabilities of both high-performance and constrained environments.
What You'll Do
- You will help us to create a distributed, service-oriented architecture for autonomous systems by designing and implementing the core foundation of the AID software stack.
- Your responsibilities will be to develop the portability and abstraction layers for our in-vehicle applications together with our in-house middleware, communication and cloud infrastructure.
- As a member of the software platform team, one key aspect is to assist and guide application engineering in a highly motivated manner. Not only is it the car that needs to drive, it’s the momentum of the engineers and a common language that a great software platform supports.
Requirements - minimum qualification
- Outstanding programming skills in C/C++ (11/14)
- Excellent knowledge about system programming (POSIX)
- Deep understanding of multi-threading concepts and distributed architectures
- Good foundation of applied computer science related to patterns, algorithms
- Hands-on experience regarding middleware technology and distributed systems
- Good understanding of operating system architecture
- Passionate for clean, reliable and optimized code
Requirements - preferred qualification
- Practical experience with QNX and/or embedded Linux
- Understanding of vehicle software platforms (AUTOSAR and/or AUTOSAR Adaptive)
- Knowledge about modern build systems and CI environments
- Understanding of web/cloud technologies and/or smartphone platforms
- Experience with virtualization and sandboxing technologies
- Cross-platform development on Linux, Windows and/or MacOS platforms
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.