Software Engineer (C++) - Visualization
Software Engineering – Simulation & Visualization
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
What does the team do?
As a member of our Visualization group, you will work in close partnership with all engineering teams to help design, implement, and maintain the virtual representation of how our system interprets it's environment. Solid visualization and debugging tools are vital to understanding what the sensors are "seeing", how well the intermediate stages of the Self Driving pipeline are performing, and for quickly finding problems. Our visualization tool is a vital part of our engineering infrastructure and real-time 3D visualization is considered a core competency, not an afterthought. As a member of the Visualization team, you will facilitate the development and testing of all Self Driving components as well as the base software platform, simulation, and replay capabilities. The Visualization team's customers are our developers, and as such, you'll get the chance to work with them and learn about every functional component of the SDS system.
- To develop and provide support for teams to visualize and debug their algorithms & visualize the sensor data
- To support in-car UI and debugging tools like sensor health status, network payloads, etc.
- Close cooperation with the functional teams to better understand their needs and the work on their algorithms.
- 5+ years of industry experience in C ++ programming and proven experience developing Linux desktop engineering tools in C++
- Experience with 3D computer graphics like OpenGL (VTK is a plus)
- Experience developing Networking applications & Distributed Systems
- Real-time Rendering experience
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Fluent English (our company language is English)
Nice to have:
- Solid physics and math skills (strongly preferred)
- Python knowledge
- QT/QML knowledge
- ParaView/VTK experience
- InfoViz / SciViz experience
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.