Engineering Line Manager - Driving Function
Software Engineering – Driving Function
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
We are an Agile company who believes in fostering innovative Agile teams and giving the challenging missions. Our engineers are a talented group of individuals who work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
We need managers with a Lean/Agile mindset, who lead by example, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are able to guide, mentor, grow, and support engineering teams so they can perform at the top of their game.
This role will be specifically managing our Driving Function team. The driving function team designs and implements the algorithms that plan the vehicle’s movement. We aim for the safest, most comfortable and energy-efficient way around the surrounding vehicles, pedestrians and other obstacles to reach our user’s desired destination. Their passion is creating a driving behavior that our passengers as well as all other traffic participants regard an example of great driving.
- Grow people, technically and drive the technical competence growth of the newly established teams by external & internal hiring, people development, job designs and on-the-job training.
- Grow the technical skill level inside your teams’ area
- Grow the teams into high performing, self-organising units
- Grow and support individuals in their career development
- Continuous improve performance, actively seek out and remove blockers for the teams together with Agile coaches
- Strong prior experience working within robotics, specifically motion planning and/or SLAM
- A background working within the software engineering process
- Experienced with, or desire to, work as a manager in an Agile environment
- Demonstrable people management experience; managing, and nurturing careers, as well as managing under and over-performers, and have the ability to influence cross-functional teams as well as recruit and build teams.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field such as Computer Science, applied Mathematics/Statistics
- Someone who thrives on learning new technologies and doesn't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You will be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our company’s massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Have the belief and thought that a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point, and you thrive on the belief that quality doesn't have to be compromised to achieve speed - you can have both at the same time
- Believe that you can achieve more as a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- 10+ years of relevant experience
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.