Test Vehicle Driver
Hardware Engineering – Vehicle Operations
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
About the Team:
The Vehicle Test Team owns the daily and weekly testing activities in the cars. They work with tool developers to automate the infrastructure and test related procedures, with System Engineers to design test steps to verify requirements, with algorithm Developers to understand the expected vehicle behavior and with Release Management to enable release-ready decision making for our software builds. Our Engineers bridge the gaps between all these various groups and more. They are the backbone of the Verification and Validation activity at AID.
About the Role:
- Drive on predetermined routes to test autonomous driving functions
- Find best routes given higher level constraints
- Reproduce and evaluate predefined driving scenarios considering various driving conditions and circumstances
- Follow well-defined procedures, use common sense, identify problems, and troubleshoot
- Monitor systems on the car and follow procedures to calibrate & troubleshoot equipment
- Complete reports related to daily assignment
- Operate and evaluate the vehicles in a professional and responsible manner
- Be observant and provide written feedback relevant to vehicle handling, performance and driving comfort
- Perform daily system checks and vehicle inspections as provided in program instructions / checklists
- Extended driving experience of at least 5 years and passion to drive
- High level of responsibility in safety relevant driving situations
- Capability to stay focused and concentrated in unexpected and critical driving situations
- Valid driving license and clean driving record
- Interested in computer technology with user-level knowledge of computer systems
- Able to perform basic supervised mechanical vehicle related tasks (wheel change, light mechanical servicing)
- Basic knowledge of vehicle systems, components and operating procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Flexible to operate in different sites and cities.
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.